How do you or your company require designers to deliver their assets to coders? Do they deliver a PSD? A series of 24-bit PNGs?
If you are a coder, what would you include in a best-practice guideline to designers? If you are a designer, what questions would you like to see answered in such a document?
Here are some ideas:
- include designs for mouse-over and mouse-down states for all buttons and other interactive elements, as well as the normal state.
- for toggle buttons, this can also include different states for both selected and unselected modes, for 6 states total: normal, over, down.
- in drop-downs, lists, etc, please design a selected and unselected state for each item, if appropriate, especially where the content varies.
- Flash is strictly an sRGB colorspace. If creating assets for Flash, make sure that your deliverables look how you expect it in sRGB.
- If delivering assets as a PSD, please:
- label all layers clearly.
- make sure that the dimensions of your document exactly match the dimensions of the application
What else would you include in a Visual Asset Delivery Best Practices document?