I am having a bit of a tooling problem...and I am unsure of how to solve it.
I am currently using PyGame to try and write a simple Minesweeper clone, except my sprites that I made are hexagon based and therefore have diagonal lines.
I drew up a nice, clean, crisp vector sprite set which looks very nice in Inkscape, however once I export it everything goes to hell. I'm going to outline what I've done below and hopefully somebody here can set me straight :D
Disclaimer: Unfortunately I'm behind a proxy and cannot provide screenshots at the moment..I'll do my best to describe.
If I attempt to use a color key (
0xFF00FF), then when I set the color key in PyGame I get a bunch of jagged pink edges along my sprite. I believe this could be an anti-aliasing issue with Inkscape, but unfortunately my Googling didn't turn up a way to disable it.
If I import my PNG into Photoshop or the Gimp and delete the background, then I run into an issue where the background appears to be black when running the game. I have tried to follow the instructions I saw on SO, but to no avail.
I am open to suggestions, but at this point I'm debating importing another library which can handle SVG graphics, in order to keep my clean, crisp diagonal lines.