I'm going to write browser online game, not MMO, but something like a lot of Flash game. But with OpenGL rendering, because Flash is using CPU for rendering.
What are advantages of pure Java or c++ with Java that only create window.
My requirements are:
- good performance - low overhead when calling OpenGL functions
- short code( if possible ) - so, Java is fully object oriented language, which can require usage of object for each called OpenGL function
- basic portability - Linux, Mac, Windows - multiple builds for each platform aren't problem
- little communication with server for saves, top score,... not multiplayer - may be slow
- game should be downloadable