We are four guys making a Tower Defense game as a project in first grade on a university. The game is going to be really simple!
- Three different towers
- Three different monsters
- One map (maybe add some more if we have time)
The game has to be object oriented.
The class structure is as following
- Game - Drawing of graphic, etc.
- Level - Every level is an object of this class. Each level has a finite number of wave-objects (in a list)
- Wave - Contains a list of monster-objects.
- Monster - This is a superclass. We make subclasses for the different type of monsters
- Tower - Superclass to the towers. There are subclasses for each type of tower.
We are thinking about how to solve the problem that many objects have to do stuff, at the same time, e.g. move one pixel in one direction.
What we came up with is the idea of implementing av class Timer, to control when objects do things. I am not sure this is the best way to do it. Could someone give some good ideas about how to solve the continious update case?